The Trail and District Arts Council provides a number of services for its affiliated arts oganizations.
These services include:
- Event Coordination (Budgeting, Promotion, Advertising & Design, etc.)
- Venue Bookings (Charles Bailey Theatre, Muriel Griffiths Recital Room)
- Electronic Message Board advertising.
- Ticket Box Office outlet
- Grants & Funding disbursement, research, and assistance.
- Weekly Arts Event newsletter. Email us your event details at firstname.lastname@example.org or JOIN the list my emailing us with the words JOIN LIST in subject title.
The Arts Council has a paid co-coordinator and an active Performance Committee. The Performance Committee is one of the groups who are responsible for the organization and promotion of community events for the Charles Bailey Theatre and other venues.
If you need assistance planning an event, performance or exhibition, the Trail and District Arts council can help. In partnership with your group, or on a contract basis, we can provide fresh ideas, assistance where needed, or plan and coordinate the entire event, depending on your requirements. Working closely with the Charles Bailey Theatre, we can also sell the tickets for your event through the Box Office (open weekdays and charge by phone) or provide concession services for your performances.
We will provide you with a "proposed budget" for your performance if you wish to have the Arts Council promote your event.
We will promote your concert by organizing and providing all radio and newspaper advertising, and electronic message board advertising in the West Kootenay area on a fee for service basis.
- The Arts Council has their finger on the pulse of the community and surrounding areas and has a good feel for the types of performances that will do well in the area.
- We have established relationships with the local radio stations and newspapers and the West Kootenay Weekender, a weekend publication with a circulation of 23,275. All of these outlets provide excellent exposure to performing artists through their ads and personal interviews.
Advertising & Design Services
The TDAC office has the experience and computer resources to help you design promotional materials such as flyers, brochures, tickets, programs, invitations, etc. on a fee for service basis. We can put together a well-designed promotional package to highlight your group or event, and can even assist with advertising and distribution.
We will arrange all elements of the rider.
- A number of economical accommodations are available in Greater Trail.
- The Arts Council has an arrangement with the Best Western Terra Nova Hotel for discount rates for Charles Bailey Theatre performers.
- The Terra Nova Hotel, a quality, full service hotel with whirlpool and exercise facilities, is located 5 blocks from the Charles Bailey Theatre.
Upon request, we can provide information and rates on other hotels, motels and B&B’s that are available locally.
Dressing Room Catering
Dressing rooms can be stocked with beverages and snacks as desired.
Under the direction of a professional chef, students in Selkirk College's Food Service Worker Program can fulfill all your catering needs, including vegetarian, ethnic and special dietary requirements.
The cafeteria in our building is normally available for private dining. Trail also has a variety of restaurants providing dine-in and take-out service. Trail is well known for the Colander Restaurant "The all you can eat Spaghetti House".
Provide transportation to and from the theatre if necessary.
Liaise with Theatre Manager to ensure your technical requirements are satisfied.
The Trail and District Arts Council supports its affiliates and the arts community through disbursements of grants provided by the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance as well as the BC Arts Council Association. TDAC also adjudicates and disburses scholarships within our local school district. For application information, please contact the TDAC office (email@example.com).
We are able to provide services such as grant research and assistance with proposal writing on a fee for service basis. Call us and discuss your needs for a project. Sometimes all it takes is a few hours to get you pointed in the right direction to write your own proposal. If you prefer, we can research available grants and write the proposal on your behalf as well. Occasionally it is difficult for small groups to receive funding because they are newly established non-profits. In that case, we can apply for, and administer the funds to your group, increasing the chances your application will be approved.