Are you a local artist or cultural organization?
Looking for some support to launch your next project?
Here are the current opportunities.
Trail & District Arts Council Arts Training Grant
$1,000 disbursed annually to performance, literary or visual artists of ALL AGES AND LEVELS towards their training and development in their chosen arts field. Amount awarded based on number of applicants and amount requested. Training must take place within the 12 months after the application deadline.
To apply, please write a letter (max 2 pages) to TDAC outlining:
- Header with your name, mailing address, phone number and email
- A brief Biography and what you do artistically
- The course or professional development you hope to undertake
- Length, cost of course, organization that is putting it on, place and timeframe of training
- Your aims/goals and outcomes from taking the course/workshop etc.
- How the training contributes to your future and development as an artist
- How much money you are asking for and any other sources of funds you are using towards the project
Examples of arts training you might apply for are:
- Study in post secondary arts program
- Creative writing courses
- Visual Art Intensive
- Pottery, improv, song writing, dance workshops
- Artist residency
- And more
Examples of eligible expenses are:
- Priority: Course Fees
- Secondary: Portion of travel and accommodation
- Secondary: Course materials
- Artist business skills training
- Trade shows
- Training that took place before the application deadline
- Artist salaries/wages
Deadline is March 1, 2019 at 5 pm.
Applicants should live in the Greater Trail area (Trail, Rossland, Warfield, Fruitvale and Montrose)
Maximum 1 support letter.
Examples of work are only accepted as a link.
Please send your application either:
- By email to email@example.com
- By mail to TDAC at 1501 Cedar Ave. Trail, BC. V1R 4C7 (Applications must be received by March 1.).
- In person at Trail and District Arts Council Office/ Bailey Theatre Box office (1501 Cedar Ave. Trail 12-4 pm Mon-Friday). Office will be open until 5 pm on March 1 to accept applications.
Successful applicants will be reimbursed for training so receipt/proof of payment will be required.
Successful applicants MUST REPORT on the training within 60 days of completion by writing a letter (max 2 pages) outlining:
- Highlights, goals and outcomes that were met
- Challenges and issues that you learned from
- Final costs and revenues of training
- Max 3 photos with description
Please call Nadine Tremblay to discuss if training/course is eligible at 250-364-3003.
Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA)
On average, nine different programs are open for application for each year's funding cycle.
The deadlines programs are either March 1 or March 15 depending on the program. Please read the program description, criteria and deadlines carefully.
- For a full overview click here
- For the application guide click here.
- For primary funding policies and guidelines click here
- For frequently asked questions and where to get help click here
CKCA’s Arts Funding to Communities
Community Arts Councils, including Trail & District Arts Council, assist CKCA with the application and selection process for the Arts Funding to Communities program. Each Arts Council is allocated about $5,000 to distribute to artists and arts organizations in their community.
Program guidelines for all programs, including the Arts Funding to Communities, may be found HERE. Paper copies of the application can be picked up at The Bailey Box Office.
Generally, projects receive between $500 and $2,500. Applicants are encouraged to submit a reasonable and realistic budget in order to complete the proposed project. The local arts council adjudicating committee makes recommendations about which projects to support based on the strength and quality of the application.
Applications for the Arts Funding to Communities program made through the Trail & District Arts Council should be submitted to The Bailey Theatre Box Office/Trail & District Arts Council by either:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to TDAC at 1501 Cedar Ave. Trail, BC. V1R 4C7
- or, in person at Trail and District Arts Council Office/ Bailey Theatre Box office (1501 Cedar Ave. Trail 12-4 pm Mon-Friday)
Applications must be received by 5 pm on Friday March 1st. Our offices will remain open until 5 pm on March 1st only. Late applications will not be accepted. If you have questions or require assistance with your Arts Funding to Communities application, please contact TDAC at 250-364-3003.
Recent Changes to CKCA funding criteria
In addition, the stipulation that projects be “new” in their entirety has been removed: Funding is designed to support projects. Funding is not available for regular operating costs or existing deficits. *NEW* The CKCA may consider funding the same type of project again in subsequent years, but this does not guarantee funding for the subsequent year. Applicants must apply again the subsequent year and compete for funding through the regular adjudication process.
For 2019-20, CKCA managed grant programs are focused on arts & culture support. Heritage organizations that were previously supported through CKCA programming are directed to contact Trust, who provide funding support to protect heritage assets and support heritage, museum and archive work throughout the region in partnership with Heritage BC. You can learn more about these programs at ourtrust.org/heritage.
The Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA) delivers the Arts and Culture Program on behalf of Columbia Basin Trust. For 2019-20, CKCA will receive $750,000 from the Trust to directly support arts and culture projects.
“Over the past 20 years, we’ve seen firsthand the positive impact funding has on supporting arts and culture, in particular the many emerging artists in this region who have thrived,” said Laura White, CKCA Chair. “The Trust’s expanded investment in arts and culture through the CKCA will have a significant impact for artists and organizations in the Basin.”
Any questions, phone CKCA at 250-505-5505 or Toll Free at 1-877-505-7355.