Want to volunteer at The Bailey Theatre?
Love what the Trail and District Arts Council does in the community and want to help?
Bailey Theatre Volunteer options
- Event set-up and clean-up: You help make everyone else’s jobs easier. When helping with set-up and clean-up for events you will be required to lift chairs and tables, and help setting up the concession and bar for the show. This role requires physical work and is usually a 1-hour commitment before or after the show.
- Ticket takers/ushers: As an usher you are the face of the theatre, and will work welcoming guests and taking their tickets on the door of the Muriel Griffiths Room events. You will also show guests to their seats and answer any questions they may have about the show or the facilities (washroom, bar, concession). This role will require a commitment of 2- 4 hours in length, depending upon the show.
- Bar tending, concession or water station: Working on refreshments means that everyone is happy to see you, so return the favour. These positions require money handling and working with the public, often in a busy environment. If you work at the bar you must have a valid “Serving It Right” certification. You will be required to set-up your area and clear it away once finished, including counting stock. This role will require a commitment of 2 hours in length, depending upon the show.
- Atmosphere agent: The “Atmosphere agent” adds a personal touch to each of our shows through arranging décor. You may put as much time as you want into this position, working on a series (E2, Family or Jazz) or all our shows (up to 20).
- Artist Hospitality: You make the artist happy by filling their ‘hospitality rider’, which may include anything from getting their meals, drinks, and snacks to arranging for the delivery of special gifts or planning their reception. Commitment varies with each show.
- Audience Engagement Strategy: You get to make the performance even more special by working with the Guest Services Manager to make each event more fun, social, memorable and more informative. This is a creative job that requires a strategic plan.
- Community Liaison: You are the face of the Theatre in the community. By developing relationships with different business and community organizations you arrange for us to purchase door prizes at cost (+10%) for our shows. You also help to spread the word about our shows at the same time!
Trail and District Arts Council Volunteer options
- Board of Directors: The Arts Council is always looking for members of the community who care about culture to join our Governance Board. This includes overseeing the Arts Council’s finances and completing an annual fundraising project.
- Committees: Have a passion for film or storytelling? Join the Sunday Cinema committee or White Buffalo event organization team.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Provides the opportunity to make a difference in your community.
- Gives you the opportunity to meet new people with the same passion for the performing arts.
- Makes you a part of a much-loved venue and arts organization.
- Allows you to use your skills in a new way or keep them active when you’re not working.
- Teaches you new skills from fundraising to planning live events.
- Adds to your quality of life as well as those who come to the shows.
- Lets you see shows for free!
Plus, you get invited to the annual Volunteer appreciation party.
To volunteer just:
- drop into the The Bailey Theatre at 1501 Cedar Avenue in Trail and fill in a form,
- call us at 250-364-3003, or
- contact us.
We love our volunteers and know that much of what we do would not be possible without them, so thank you!